- 2 cans of pork & beans - 28 oz. (your favorite)
- 6 strips bacon (either pork or turkey) cut into ½”pieces
- I medium onion cut into ¼” pieces
- 1 can tomato sauce - 12 oz
- ½ C Ketchup
- 1 C BBQ sauce (use your favorite)
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp. liquid smoke (to taste)
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ C brown sugar
- 2 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder (to taste)
- ½ tsp yellow prepared mustard
Prep time 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Render bacon until crisp and set aside for later use.
- Cook chopped onions in bacon drippings until translucent; remove from bacon drippings and combine with bacon pieces.
- Combine all wet ingredients and mix together.
- Combine dry ingredients mix, and slowly stir into wet ingredients
- Add bacon and onion to mixture stir and place in uncovered baking dish
Bake at 400 degrees F. for 1 hour, then adjust temperature to 375 degrees F. until liquid is at desired consistency